Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Baby!

Written September 2…just posting now. My bad☹

My sweet Paige turned 3 years old today. We’ve had a wonderful week of celebrating! I know she wonders what in the world is going on with all of the parties because when she woke up this morning and I told her it was her birthday she said "Oh My, It's my birthday AGAIN?" It’s hard to believe three years have come and gone already. She has been an absolute delight from the moment she was placed in my arms. I want to celebrate my sweet Paige by sharing some of the things I love most about her. Paige is a bit of a party animal. You can always count on her if you want to have a good time. She is always ready to play and be silly. She is a happy little thing, and VERY animated. I have never known a child to talk with her hands as much as she does. She is constantly using her hands to get her point across; Her signature move is to put one hand on her hip and use her other hand to emphasize what she is trying to say. The combination of her sweet little voice, and her face so animated and full of emotion is enough to crack me up pretty much every time she opens her mouth. I love that on most mornings, Paige asks to have Mac and Cheese for breakfast, or as she calls it "Mac-n-Cheeseroni" (By the way, on those mornings, I've been known to fix her Mac-n-Cheeseroni...if it's good enough for lunch, it's good enough for breakfast, right?) I love that her favorite song is Jingle Bells, with Dancing Queen, coming in at a close second. She's a feisty little thing--let's just say that we don't have to worry about her ever being bullied. In fact, she’s been known to make her little boyfriends cry...(I'm certainly not proud of this fact, but I give her Kudos for being able to take care of herself). She loves to snuggle and I absolutely love when she comes up and says "Mommy? You snuggle me?" She loves tomatos and her favorite tv show is the Backyardigans. She adores her sister Maddie and of course her Mommy and Daddy. I have been so proud of her this past month, because she has not let her broken leg slow her down at all. She is smart and beautiful. I absolutely adore my sweet little Paige. Happy Birthday to you, Sweetie!









1 day old

























Admiring her cake









10 Seconds later...does this picture surprise anyone? Didn't think so!

3 comments:

barbiebharris said...

I can't believe she's such a hoot! The way she "talks" with her hands, and keeps her hands firmly placed on her hips crackes me up! She has been a joy and a blessing since the day she was born! Can't help loving that little lady!!

Kristin said...

I loved reading about Paigie! She is so dang funny and cute. I still remember the look she gave Rob when he had been sharing his candy with her and then he told her it was all gone. She is hilarious and so cute. I'm glad her cast is off, even though she didn't let it slow her down at all!
Happy birthday Paige!

*Jamie * said...

We Love Paigie!! So glad we are neighbors and Finn has a cute little girlfriend - they keep us laughing.